Tuesday, June 8, 2010

on tardiness

today i was ALMOST late. last summer (omg summer was just like yesterday, it's already june!) our work time started at 8am. On my first day, I left my condo 7:30 and all the jeeps were full already!! I took a cab. On my second day, I left my condo 7am and all the jeeps were still full. so I took the cab again. On my third day, I left my condo at 6:30, voila. A JEEP! :) and so everyday i leave at around 6 to 6:30 (for my 8am job) and arrive in school just before 7. HAHA I have idle time to eat, do my make up, prepare my classroom, hang out and do whatever i want till the clock strikes 8.

Today was just a different case. HAHA. i overslept. I think it was the medicine (oh you know them antihistamines haha) I was up by 6:30, did speed cooking (cooked whatever i could grab from my pantry), and left by around 7:12. I didn't want to be late that day. Good thing there was this half empty jeep (I'm picky with jeeps, I only ride the half-empty and the empty jeeps. no point in paying P7 if you can't sit down comfortably), the driver just has to drive faster. I got off my stop, and when i looked at my watch, it was just 7:23!!! I had 7 minutes to walk fast!!! So i walked really fast, and when i got to the gate of the school, IT WAS STILL 7:23. HAHAHAHA

Thank You Po for letting me arrive in school just in time. :)

It made me think, back in college (OMG THAT WAS JUST 2 MONTHS AGO!) I CAN do away with waking up at 7:20 and make it to my 7:30 class. I don't know how to do it, but i manage anyway. HAHA. There were some classes where it'd be okay to hurry up a little and make it 7:40. But there are just SOME CLASSES WHERE YOU CAN'T BE LATE OR IT'S DEATH. Like if it's just a 50 minute class, and you have this bad ass test that day, YOU CANNOT WASTE A MINUTE OF IT. you just have to come on time. Or you have this terror prof who gives you a whole period CUT even if you were just a split second late, and you're up to your maximum cuts already, and that morning when it's 7:20 and you have ten minutes or else you'll repeat the whole course again because that prof will be giving you a W for exceeding the max cuts. There were moments like that in life. back in college.

But in the real world, when you have a job. you don't have maximum cuts, or 10 minute grace time, or excused tardiness and cuts. Some have leaves, but for newbies like me (those who haven't spent 6 months in the company) YOU HAVE SALARY DEDUCTION.

wala lang. It's just a big change. The money isn't really much of a deal for me, it's just that, everything is different now. I'm a working girl now, and this world is different. This is not school (WELL THIS IS. but not for me, i'm the teacher now!) where i can get away with pretending to be sick and staying home from school. Last week, I got really sick, but i didn't have any choice but to go to work. It's okay, work makes me happy anyway. Just have to surround myself with positive energies. :) But this is new for me. This is a world where things JUST HAVE TO BE DONE with no excuses.

but you know i'm a girl who loves something new.
this is a new world, AND I'M LOVIN' IT! :)

Teacher Timee is running it, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment