Sunday, March 8, 2009

AKO, SIYA

AKO, SIYA
sa panunulat at direksiyon ni Timee Gorecho (3 AB PSY)
Lemelen Palad bilang Babae (1 BS MIS)
Robert Palomar bilang Lalaki (2 AB EU)
March 6, 2009 4:30pm
FINE ARTS THEATER, Gonzaga Hall, AdMU


finally. the play i've written. staged for the very first time. (i changed the title btw)

if you didn't know, after that first consultation with Sir Glen Mas and Sir J. Dennis Teodosio on my script, i wanted to give up. I didn't want to finish it anymore. You can ask Dolly, i didn't want to direct my script, and i hoped that someone would want to direct that messy script. But i didn't seem to have a choice. I picked mine so that i'd be forced to edit it.

I did. I spent the whole afternoon of March 1 editing the script. Only 10% of the original script was retained. The rest was new stuff. I was worried that my actors wouldn't have enough time to memorize the script, or that i wouldn't have enough time to block and rehearse the whole play. I barely had 4 days to do that. The performance was March 6. To add to that, my actors were also actors in other plays. so i had to give them some of the days to rehearse with their other play.

So how did i spend my March 6? after classes, i stopped by OSCI to give the grades of my NSTP students, went to several mercury drug stores around Cubao to look for a hospital gown, went back to school and rehearsed with lem and robert, went to UP to buy isaw (for props) and then headed to FA Theater to watch the other plays too.


And can i just say, i AM SO PROUD OF LEM AND ROBERT. we pulled it off. with tuesday and thursday as our only rehearsal days, i am just so proud. Thank you for giving life to my play. Thank you for proving to me that my play wasn't as sucky as i thought it was. :) Thank you.
Special thanks to Dolly for operating the lights booth with me, to Pedro for accepting the job on the day of the performance. :)

AKO, SIYA recieved a grade of A for Bagong Palabas. :) Thank you so much. :) My heart is just overwhelmed. I owe and dedicate this play to the people who inspired and believed in me. Thank you. :) You don't know how much trouble i went through writing and finishing the play. Without you, this wouldn't happen. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. (ACCEPTANCE SPEECH?! HAHA)

Will try to post a video of the play soon. If i can just figure out how. :) hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment