Saturday, February 7, 2009

BALIW ni Timee Gorecho

as i have mentioned in my previous blog (my first blogspot. haha), ENTABLADO has this yearlong project, the ENTA WRITERS' BLOC. hahah. it doesn't have a name yet, so we're called just that. population of. 8 people: 7 writers and our head, Kalil Almonte. :) how prestigious noh. CHEKE. :)

anyway. so we were to write our original one act play at the start of the year. and even with countless workshops by Dr. Ricky Abad, Sir Glen Mas, and Sir J. Dennis Teodosio, it took me more than 5 months to find inspiration. The 7 page script took me 5 hours to finish. uunahan ko na kayo, it's not as good as i expected it to be. well. it's a very typical play. typical in what sense? ask me, i'll send you the script. LOL. i couldn't come up with better lines, or. better drama. or anything. i just kept on typing away and put down the first thing on my mind. but. wah. whatever. i leave it all up to fate na.


so my play is entitled BALIW. it's in Filipino. contemporary. two characters. a 19 year old girl, decent looking, in a dress with a really small bag, holding a cup of isaw na balot sa plastic. guy in his early 20s, wearing a strait jacket. well. you get the point. what's the story? haha you just have to read the script. minimalist play. heavy on conversation, minimal movements. if you're asking if it's comedy, or straight, or whatever, it's a psycho-thriller. (oo, may ghost. cheke. haha) it's a bit dark.

i must say. it's not me. it's a projection. WOOH. glad i can use my psych in this. but. knowing i like chummy chummy perky and fralalala plays, knowing how much i love high school musical, and stuff. wah. it's not me. so. see the other side of me. i super believe that the play is my subconscious. a play of freudian slips. i think i was possessed when i conceptualized the play. lol

next step is more editing, polishing and stuff. on saturday at 10am, i'm going to present the play in front of a panel. present, as in just script reading. i have to bring two actors to read my play in front of the panel. and they will grill and criticize into bits and pieces my wonderful subconscious. sob.

so now, i'm looking for two actors, one girl and one boy to do the script reading. right when kuya kalil told me to look for actors, two people immediately came into mind. i didn't ask them yet, so. this is still open. if you want, just contact me. :) lol. i'm not a big time director and script writer, so don't expect too much. don't be harsh too, i'm very emotional. CHEKE. :)

so. yeah. i'm excited though, about what the panel is going to say about it. about my subconscious. my innocent subconscious. oh dear. help me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment