Wednesday, August 5, 2009

taking a break from my world.

hi, tomorrow, friday (aug7), i will be leaving my life in search for meaning and understanding. i will be going to Bilad, Capas in Tarlac for our immersion.

We will be living with the aetas, realizing what it's like without cellphones, laptops, internet, plurk, a nice comfort room, pillows, or whatever. i will be spending 3 days in the mountains searching for the meaning of life, coming to terms with myself, and seek for understanding and acceptance.

i will be taking off from my social world wide web, so if you want to look for me, i guess the best way to contact me is to think about me, and hope that my telepathic powers are alive. i won't be bringing my phone, i think.


why do i sound so.... apprehensive about my immersion? actually, i've been looking forward for this all my college life. i've been super excited when i learned that we were going to Tarlac, somewhere far, and taking a 2 hour hike to the area. i'm super excited that i'm going with gar, lei, cas and danica. wooh. i like immersions and volunteer stuff like this.


but now i'm kind of praying that they call off our immersion.
for many reasons:

1. gar is also praying (she typed that. haha)

2. lei is sick. (she's in the hospital right now, with dengue)

3. i am sick. i might be pregnant. i've been feeling nauseous lately. dizzy and vomit-ty. (HAHA) doctor says it might have something to do with my vision, i'm planning to have my eyes checked. but we, my friends and i, strongly believe that i'm just pregnant. HAHA. (daddy, family members reading this, please see that this is a joke.)

4. i haven't really prepared myself for this. mentally and emotionally. physically too. i was planning to jog everyday a week before this, but it has been raining. and usually, when i leave for trips like this, i have a very very very long ritual. after i pack 3x and make sure everything's in, i nebulize just so i'm sure i don't get asthma attacks there. i think i'm going to die there.

5. oh the rain. it has been raining forever. FOREVER. our formator told us that if it rains in the mountains, our 2 hour hike can turn into 4 hours. can you imagine us? sliding down the mountains together with the soil erosion? atenean erosion.

6. when i went for my medical check up, i had 12 pages of prescription because my doctor was very apprehensive about letting me go on this trip. i told her that i'm confident i can do this. she trusted me that i could. now i'm not so sure. my health is like the weather, it's unpredictable.

7. i'm pretty worried with my academics. i'm going to miss answering the group take home exam on friday for history. my groupmates might think i'm freeloading, I'M NOT. it's just that EVERYTIME WE HOLD MEETINGS i'm either in class, OR STUCK IN THE CAF BECAUSE THE CAF PEOPLE LOCKED US IN. so if you read this, know that my prayers are with you. (BWAHAH KIDD) on monday is our history individual long test too, and i haven't studied a thing. i can't bring readings to immersion, that would defeat its purpose. SO. yeah. goodluck. and good thing for my philo orals, because we were the first ones who signed up. and we picked the last day. wooh. so there. i'm die.

8. i'm dizzy. vomit-ty. my body feels like it doesn't want to move a muscle. my eyes feel like they don't want to open. my nose is blockaded with more mucus than needed. can someone please call off immersion please please please.

9. i slept at around 5am this morning. trying to hear myself THINK. thinking about how i shouldn't overthink about things. kept telling myself not to think. not to think.

10. i'm afraid of going back to my life.


suddenly, that movie SURROGATES sounded like a great idea. you have this surrogate robot living your life the way you want it to, in the comfort of your own home. just step into this virtual thing, and then whatever your brain thinks of wanting to do, your surrogate does. (the conflict of the movie was that people kept on dying while in that virtual chair)


i watched THE PROPOSAL with friends... it was nice. :) hahah can't say more, i couldn't relate. hahahahahahahahahahaha

and this week was craaaazy. as much as i don't want to try to understand, it bugs me. KEEPING ME UP TILL 5AM?!?!?!? YES. i don't have a problem with staying up till 5am. i can stay up forever if i want to. i just don't want to be up all night THINKING. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment