Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber

Last Sunday night we watched the 5th show of The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber in Tanghalan Nicanor Abelardo in CCP. It was breathtaking, it was like listening and watching actual scenes from Webber's musicals. You know how when your life flashes right before your eyes? Well, it's like that. It's like all these great musicals flash right before your eyes and give you snippets of memories from the songs. :)

Photo by Jeff Busby

Here's the setlist
ACT 1
1. Love Changes Everything
2. ‘Take that look off your face’ from Tell Me On A Sunday
2. ‘On this night of 1000 stars’ from Evita
3. ‘And the money kept rolling in’ from Evita
4. ‘High flying, adored’ from Evita
5. ‘Don’t cry for me Argentina’ from Evita
6. ‘One rock ’n’ roll too many’ from Starlight Express
7. ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ from Starlight Express
8. ‘Unexpected Song’ from Song & Dance
9. ‘I don’t know how to love him’ from Superstar
10. ‘Coney Island Waltz from Love Never Dies
11. ‘Love Never Dies’ from Love Never Dies
12. ‘’Til I hear you sing’ from Love Never Dies
13. Cats medley
14. ‘Memory’ from Cats

Act2
1. ‘Heaven on their minds’ from Superstar
2. ‘I believe my heart’ from The Woman in White
3. ‘Tell me on a Sunday’ from Tell Me On A Sunday
4. ‘Sunset Boulevard’ from Sunset Boulevard
5. Pie Jesu from Requiem
6. ‘No matter what’ from Whistle Down The Wind
7. ‘Whistle down the wind’ from Whistle Down The Wind
8. ‘The vaults of heaven’ from Whistle Down The Wind
9. ‘With one look’ from Sunset Boulevard
10. Phantom of the Opera medley
11. ‘Superstar’ from Superstar
12. and songs from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat

My personal favorites were, of course, Phantom of the Opera's "All I Ask Of You" and Jesus Christ Superstar's "I don't know how to love him" AND "No Matter What" from Whistle Down The Wind" HAHA I didn't know till then that it was a Webber original. Hay don't you miss Boyzone. kidd. HAHA

If you're thinking of watching it, i suggest, YOU GO GIRL! hahaha! Though you would appreciate it more if you knew all the musicals. But even then, I was only familiar with 5 musicals, I super enjoyed it! :)
The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber still has performances till July 3! Call ticketnet or ticketworld (meh ganong plugging?! hahaa!) for tickets!! GOGOGOOO


next stop. Cirque de Soleil.


No comments:

Post a Comment