Monday, July 28, 2014

4 Buffets in 1 Month

That's how much I've been eating these past few weeks. Indirectly proportional to the amount of workout I've been doing.


Ding Qua Qua Dimsum
(June 24, 2014)


Yes. P288 only. 
A trip to Cebu is never, let me just reiterate that, NEVER complete without dimsum. I was born and raised in Cebu, and every Sunday we would have lunch in Harbour City in SM. I'd look forward to the steamed rice, fried shrimp balls, and quail egg siomai; those were my staples. My dad would chow down on chicken feet, and I never understood why it was appealing until just recently when I tried them at Causeway.


But Cebu dimsum is far from Causeway (sorrynotsorry). I don't understand how steamed rice could be so addictive (probably loaded with MSG but #idontcare) and magical. There is only one kind of steamed rice for me, and if you'd serve me the literal 'steamed' rice, it would be unacceptable. I never knew what this wonderful bowl of msg and carbs was made of, but it's pork, chicken and shrimp smothered in their secret, special, wonderful sauce. I've been to many dimsums in Manila and they don't serve this. Only in Cebu. (Until just recently when a branch of theirs, Dimsum Break, opened in SM North Edsa, making me the happiest dimsum girl in the metro)


My next favorite is their fried shrimp balls in sweet and sour sauce. It really sounds like a simple dish, but there's a disturbingly heavenly divine intervention in every bite. 


The photos aren't mine because I was too excited to dig in everything, I forgot to take photos. There were other dishes as well, several kinds of siomai, your usual buchi, kropek, that siopao bread, and other popular chinese dishes (noodles and stuff) to complete your dimsum experience. Ding Qua Qua is not your typical huge buffet, but trust me, load up on the steamed rice, siomai, and shrimp balls, maybe chicken feet too, and you're in dimsum heaven for just P288. 


When you're in Cebu, go visit Ding Qua Qua at JY Square in Lahug.


Mikado Japanese 
(June 28, 2014)


If there's one type of cuisine I swear I could eat everyday, it would have to be Japanese. And finding cheap Japanese restaurants/buffets aren't easy. Thank God for Mikado Japanese Restaurant in Cebu. We're loving Cebu already. Yes po. P380 for lunch and P470 for dinner. Again, these aren't my photos because I was too busy filling my plate from this pile of happiness.

Pile of happiness.
My second plate. 
The restaurant has a simple set up, not much frou frou Japanese keme, but really, who needs Japanese keme when you're there for the food. They have other dishes like your katsus and dons, etc. Didn't really bother with the meat because I was there for the sushi, sashimi, tempura and sukiyaki.


Mikado is located at Archbishop Reyes Ave., Cebu City


Sambokojin
(July 14, 2014)

I can eat Japanese food everyday. I mean it.


We all know Sambokojin, so I will not dwell on the food. It's probably the cheapest Japanese (and Korean) buffet in the metro, so if you're craving for just sushi, sashimi and tempura (nope, no sukiyaki), go for it.

Not much on their desserts bar, but this, too, is my staple at Sambokojin.
Green tea and strawberry ice cream with baby marshmallows and sprinkly winklies.
Just the right amount of #GV. 


We were there a few weeks ago for Denise's despedida dinner, who is going to the US for graduate school. Good food, good company, crazy kwentos. Please celebrate your birthday in Sambokojin. I don't know if they have that free birthday buffet for the celebrant thing like they do in Vikings and Buffet 101, but you're in for a real surprise with Sambo. Literally. The waiters screamed at the celebrant "SURPRISE!!" Screamed. Shouted. And please act like you're dying of shock para sila naman ma surprise. Haha

With former co-workers at Britesparks.

Banzai: The Great Teppanyaki Theater
(July 25, 2014)

I can eat Japanese food everyday.
First thing's first, I'm the realesssst.
We happened to be in the area, and we decided to try out Banzai. If you're looking for legit Japanese food in the metro, this is it. You would know how seriously dedicated they are to their pagiging legit because of their Japenese keme interiors and the spectacular performance by the geishas, ninjas, and even the chefs. Please do watch the chefs. You're in for a surprise from them at the finale (hint: something exploding haha)


This place screams "we take Japanese food seriously" just like Sarah, seriously picking out from the variety of Japanese pancakes. Aside from my usual sushi, sashimi, tempura (still no sukiyaki huhu), I tried out other dishes that looked interesting, like the Chicken Teriyaki Pizza. There's also lasagna, pasta dishes, salads, katsus and dons, etc. The dessert bar was also full of interesting cakes and sweets. I just settled with vanilla ice cream and lemon squares.
My usual loot. 

Please do watch out for the performances. The costumes are really nice. Their belts are made out of colorful bubble wraps, they have big ass swords and they do their make up really well. They deserve the attention, so put your chopsticks down and instagram that shit. 

Ninja. 

Geishas. 

Banzai is located in the Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City. We highly recommend it, it's the best we've had so far. Make sure you call in early for reservations because by the time we were done, there was a long line of people waiting to get in.


My next buffet will probably be in a year, when I've done all the workout I ought to do. Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment