Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fire Alarm

these titles are sounding like an MMK episode! haha!

Yesterday, a terrible typhoon hit us, and I pray for all those who were affected by it. But Thank You Lord because I was safe in my condo, with food and electricity. I had Jean Grey, Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm with me all day. (I decided to watch all the xmen movies because finally I understood it thanks to Xmen First Class)

At 4am this morning, the fire alarm of our condo went off. For someone who takes an hour or so to get out of bed, I was pretty fast when I heard the alarm. I was half awake and half panicking (read: zombie panicking) while the alarm was going off, grabbing my phone, my ipod, my wallet, my passport and a shawl (note the order of importance). I went out and saw all my neighbors in their pjs, pantulog, nighties, daster uy after a year of staying in the condo, we finally meet! We were checking out the other corridors, the hallways, the windows to see whether there was smoke and where it was coming from. We didn't find smoke, but went down anyways. Felt worried for the couple with two little babies both 2y/o below who were rushing outside. Some took the elevator. Ano ba guys. Since Gradeschool we did the fire drill twice a year, and it was always emphasized NEVER TO USE THE FREAKING ELEVATOR WHEN THERE'S FIRE!!!! The rest of us used the stairs, and before we reached the first floor, people were already going up telling us it was just a malfunction.

malfunction.

I couldn't go back to sleep. So I gathered myself first. (you don't know how it feels to wake up half awake and panicking na wala sa sarili. haha) Saw myself in the mirror. grabbed my ipod and wrote down "don't forget to buy nice pajamas and pantulog" next time this happens,  I should be presentable! haha! Then I packed up an emergency bag, I put in clothes and canned food, noodles, a flash light, etc.

Still couldn't go back to sleep. I wasn't as pissed as my neighbors were because of this malfunction. I thought it was a good wake up call for all of us. The fire alarm had to malfunction just so I could start packing an emergency bag, something I should've done a long time ago, even after Ondoy. We should always be prepared guyzzt! Let's not wait for it to happen, and then prepare for it, and wait for it to happen again! (admit it, this is how we roll) I'm not just talking about these emergencies, I am talking about life in general. We're already in the water, do we wait for it to get to a boiling point just so we realize that it's already hot?

nakakaprofound din pala ang pagiging half awake at half panicked. chez.

No comments:

Post a Comment