Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WILLIAM

okay, you can laugh at me, but this was exactly how I felt when I was praying so hard to get in Ateneo. as in, bahala nang di ako pumasa ng kahit ano, just get me into Ateneo. I checked their site everyday to see If I got in, I rehearsed a lot of times in my head how I would react if i didn't get in, how I would spend my week wallowing and depressing. I didn't believe that I could get in, If you knew me, I wasn't anywhere near the Top students of our batch, had okay grades, so mediocre in academics. I was like major in extra-curricular activities, minor in acads. A miracle was all I was praying for.

And I remember that day, I woke up that morning heading straight to the computer to check If the results were out. typed my name, and waited for a few seconds for it to respond to me.

Gorecho, Emelou Therese C. ACCEPTED

I was screaming, crying, kept saying 'omigod omigod', called a few close friends, and then some more omigod omigod.

During the 4 years that I was in Ateneo, I would remember that day and laugh at it. Getting in was one thing, surviving Ateneo was another. So what if you got in, you still had to work 10x harder to stay. It seemed like getting in was so easy, compared to the pile of work you had to do while in school. Mediocre no more. I had to work, harder.



And that's how I feel now. A miracle was all i prayed for, for this opportunity that I knew would change my life forever and ever and ever. And maybe the people who were already inside, who were already part would say (about getting in) "ahh that's nothing" But up to now, I'd still wake up and tell myself "omigod, this really is true" And even though I've done about 2 shows now, I still can't believe it. I really am here.

And yes, getting in is one thing, making the stay worthwhile is another. I know I have a lot to work on, but all I can think about now is how thankful I am for this opportunity. Believe it for not, naiiyak pa rin ako kasi di talaga ako makapaniwala. It's all so surreal.

And the people I'm working with now, they're the best. And sobrang nakakahiya if I just do mediocre, at hindi gawin ang best ko. They're my inspiration as well, and wala, sobrang nakakatuwa lang talaga na andito ako, with these amazing people, in this amazing prod.


No comments:

Post a Comment