Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sonya's Garden!

I was still sick, but willingly went all the way to Tagaytay to visit my Tita Cynch. She and Msgr. Nonoy Masculino brought me to Sonya's Garden, my first time. A friend told me "magulay dun!" sooooo.... walang meat?! But it wasn't a problem AT ALL. I LOVED SONYA'S GARDEN!!!


I love how dainty their mantels and napkins were. Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice days. DAYS?! haha

We started with the Salad buffet, which i must say was a winner! I'd usually frown at the sight of this, but when it reached my taste buds, brava.
The dressing, Sonya's secret recipe dressing was the champion talaga. If all dressings tasted like that, I wouldn't have any problems eating a garden. (mixed greens, pineapples, mangos, papayas, nuts, watermelon, cucumber, jackfruit, egg)

now this is what you call BREADWINNER. (HAHAHAHAHA IM SO WITTY!!! HAHA! okay i'm done) I'm not a bread person, but this whole wheat sesame bread was a winner!(BWAHAHAHHAHA) The dips and toppings were also very very delish, my faves were the mushroom pate and the basil pesto. Others include white cheese, anchovies, and bruschetta tomato toppings.

Then we moved on to their award winning pasta with two kinds of sauces: sun dried tomato and chicken cream with mango. I mixed everything on my plate and drowned it with parmesan cheese. (note to restaurants: if you have unlimited parmesan on your table, hide it from me. you'll never see the end of it) Other toppings include ratatouille, salmon belly, shitake mushrooms, black olives and capers.
yummy! by the time i made my white sauce pasta, i was so full already. But was still up for dessert!

I wasn't so excited about the dessert, I'm not a kamote/turon person. Maybe if turon was super hot and they topped it with ice cream? hihi. There was chocolate cake anyway, it was good. and the tea! yes the Taragon (?) tea was nice!


Rose water for your thoughts. chez. We bought a bottle of this. parang all-around spritz siya. smells awesome.


Link
I love Sonya's Garden because it's like entering the Secret Garden. It's like a world far far away from your real world and the nature just soothes you. Parang gusto mong isipin na Sonya's Garden is floating in the skies on a cloud. :)

You can check out Sonya's Garden here; they have other activities like Spa and whatnot. (HAHA MAGAMIT LANG) Also beautiful for weddings, baptism reception, and other events. (this is not a paid blog. maganda lang talaga doon)

No comments:

Post a Comment