Friday, June 12, 2009

inspiration-less

i need inspiration.

i always have a problem with writing. I like writing everything the last minute, yet those moments are spent wishing i had more time to think. After that busy Monday (old members' general assembly and sportsfest, both my projects), i remembered that I had other concerns to think of as well.

Remember last year when i was still in the process of creating my play entitled AKO, SIYA ? We were given trainings and workshops 'til we got the scripts right. I hope i did. I also directed my play so that i can have the freedom to edit anything as we go along. And fortunately, everything turned out alright. :) Thank you to Lemelen and Robert for bringing life to the play. To the story that i brewed in my brain.

This time around, ENTABLADO conducted a 2-day Advanced Directing Workshop to those who presented an output last year. And yes, this time too, we are presenting an output. :) And i chose Sir Njel De Mesa's (my hiphop teacher! haha!) play AYAYAYAYAYA!

ENTABLADO DIRECTORS' POOL
presents
PAMBUNGAD: Advanced Directing Workshop Output
June 20, 2009 9am-430pm
FINE ARTS THEATER, AdMU
Directed by Timee Gorecho
Asst. Director Omar Ching
Cristal Rodriguez as Dottie
Jedyne Tejada as Yaya
Photo by Ena Escanan
Poster by Stephen Penaranda

This is free admission and is open to all so please go and watch the other plays by the other directors as well. :) inform me if you wanna watch. :)

I'd just like to say that i love the AYAYA family. (family na tayo?) I wouldn't know what else to call it. :) I'm just happy that they didn't waste any time while I was away, and i'm just so proud of them. :) I'm confident that my play, my actors, and my prod team (go omar!) will do a good job. :) I'm not concerned with the grade anymore. :) Actually, now, I'm satisfied with how the play looks. :) HOORAY. thank you tal, jeds and omarion. :)


On the other hand, i'm also working on a new play for Writers' Block. I AM inspired, haha yes. But it's not the kind of inspiration I really need at this moment. I wrote AKO, SIYA the evening before the deadline. And now i have roughly 2-3 days before the deadline, i know i have time. I know i can write relaxed. But i can't. I don't have the inspiration i need to write. It has always been this way. Probably one of the reasons why the school papers during my term were always late was because i had problem with the deadlines. I couldn't write a simple 3-paragraph news article that was given a month earlier just in time for the deadline. I don't like deadlines. i don't like the word DEAD in deadlines. and lines are just so flat. bland. eh.

I didn't want this to happen, so i visited the Writers' Block moderator, Maam Christine Bellen. :) She writes children's books, and she wrote the musical play of the late Rene Villanueva's UNANG BABOY SA LANGIT. We staged it last January. :) I went to her to consult. And i'm so glad i did. Because an hour after that 30 minute consultation session with her, i was able to write 5 PAGES of the play i had in mind. I was laughing in my mind, excited that if my play would be staged, i would also want to direct it. It's a comedy about 5 kids in pre-school trying to escape from their pre-school teacher from hell. HAHAHA. Characters are based from the kids in my ojt. HIHIHIIH. :) I hope this turns out well. :) I'm so excited. :):):)

ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment